I don't think my work to be the greatest there are many designers that still amaze me with thier creations, But the blatant ripping off my work and others has just been disgusting. Below is a few of the Items of mine that were taken and it shocks me more when these people are confronted use the saying "I didn't know it was wrong". Taking our work from a print screen and imposing it onto a color to match it is very wrong, the person who took this upon himself is now banned or he deleted his account after admitting to me and my staff that he did rip them, and saying he didn't know this was wrong or thier friends who blatantly tell us that it's not the same it's different see, I suppose If someone took a copy of thier work (if they created any) and put a bad tattoo on it then i guess it would be different. I'm failing to see the logic in this.
I have to wonder for this isn't the first time the first is also posted below if they really think stealing is not a big deal. Maybe where they are from it's a common place thing?, either way I put alot of time and work into the abyssal collection, hours of my life i'll never get back. The hurt was enough and trust me creators are human beings with feelings, I felt violated and dismayed and thus with another set of clothes and skins and av's that i've yet to release find myself pausing.... Do I really want to share them so they can be stolen once more? Is it really worth the pain of watching what you create be simply and callously torn from a print screen and taken. These people call themselves artists and designers for thier ability not to create something unique but steal what they cannot. As it stands i'll be taking a break from secondlife and holding my new creations from release until I can find the will once more and passion that SL once gave me.
I'm sorry but yes it broke my heart at how easy it was for these theives and how little second life will do anything about it. I do thank all my staff, friends and customers that were there to do all they could it does not go unseen or unappreciated.
I'm not the only one there are others that were subject to this and thier work stolen as well, DMCA's filed but there is little SL can or will do for this. I can only hope the community and players will continue To name and shame, and make the designers aware.
The saying in Second Life is now:
"User created and content stolen , enjoy"
Nymph Zenith
See No Evil.




No comments:
Post a Comment